Friday, December 12, 2008

Mysterons

Well I could not think of a better picture to post at this moment to signify my motivation to push my craft into the next year. In this picture you can see my office is a mess and also occupying the background is my old service desk. Well since this picture was snapped I had acquired a new, and much better designed desk to work on and i have cleaned out a ton of "scrap" boxes and old shipping materials from previous packages that have been clouding up my work space. Also since this photograph my designing business has picked up a great deal so I have put the label on the back burner for a couple of weeks to complete some jobs that I am backed up on. No need to worry for the few who are avid followers of the Glory Kid label. It is still a priority but seeing how I am going on tour at the start of next year I am in no position pass up side work. Especially when the work is paying me to do work I have a passion for.I have also been on a random binge of Screamo and Portishead, yeah I know. Phead has my ear drums for ransom but it's for good reason. Last night i proceeded to listen to their entire catalog in chronological order and it still amazes me how this material is just as relevant if not more connected to me then most material coming out of this era. The musical patterns and song structure is so innovative for its time that is maintains the integrity similar to orchestra work. Just simply genius work. Its suppose to rain this weekend. I hope we can wash away our angst that has been building over us in the last 5 "business" days.

Wash away my fears, wash away my aimless hate, wash away all that clouds my vision of tomorrow.
I Shall Escape.

"Give me Vinyl Or Give Me Death" Playlist:
Portishead "Dummy" Lp
Mara'Akate "Self Titled" Lp
Bury Me Standing / Madeline Ferguson "Split" Lp
Off Minor "Some Blood" Lp
Love Like Electrocution "Self Titled" 12"Ep
End Of A Year "Sincerely" Lp
Gehenna "The War of the Sons of Light and the Suns of Darkness" Lp
Godspeed You! Black Emperor "Yanqui U.X.O" 2xLp
!!! (Chk Chk Chk) "Hello? Is This Thing On?" Lp
Maladie "Self Titled" Ep
Bread And Water / Reason Of Insanity "Split" Ep
Elliot Smith "Division Day b/w No Name #.6" Ep
The Bronx "False Alarm b/w The Needle and the Damage Done" Ep
Graf Orlock / Hurry Up And Kill Yourself "Split" Ep
Drowning With Our Anchors "Breathing Lessons" Ep

Yeah, I told you it was a random week.

No comments: